A Visit to the Eye Doctor
Think you don't need to see an eye doctor because your vision is fine? Think again.
Eye exams aren’t only for people with poor vision. They're an important way of detecting eye problems before you have symptoms. Eye doctors can also catch other health problems -- like diabetes -- early.
If it's been more than a few years since your last appointment -- or if you've never had one -- it's time to schedule a trip to the eye doctor.
What to Bring to the Eye Doctor
- Your glasses or contacts (if you wear them)
- You may want to not wear your contacts for a few days prior to the visit to allow for more precise measurements -- ask the doctor’s office when you make the appointment
- A list of any health conditions or allergies
- A list of all medications and supplements that you take
- A list of any specific questions you have about your eye health
- Your insurance information -- most policies will cover some eye care